Class EA Process
The Ontario Ministry of Transportation (MTO) Class Environmental Assessment (EA) for Provincial Transportation Facilities (2000) provides a decision-making process to make sure that all relevant engineering and environmental factors are considered in the planning and design of transportation facilities. This Preliminary Design and Class Environmental Assessment Study is being undertaken as a Group ‘B’ project, which includes highway improvements that provide/cause a significant modification in traffic access.
Upon completion of the project, a Transportation Environmental Study Report (TESR) will be prepared to document the following:
- The major features of the proposed work;
- A full description of the consultation program;
- Identification of all project approvals, licenses and permits that have been or must be obtained;
- Environmental impacts, mitigation, and protection measures that will be implemented; and
- Commitments to future work.
The TESR will be placed on the Public Record for a review period of 30 calendar days to provide the opportunity for stakeholders to review and comment on the document. The TESR will also be made available on the study website.
Detailed information regarding the MTO Class EA and Ontario EA Act is available via the Documentation section of this website.